6 Common Causes of Central Air Conditioner Problems
During the summer, when your central air system is getting the most use, it’s also the most likely to break down requiring emergency a/c repair. Air conditioning systems are complex machines, made up of many intricate internal parts that must all function together in order for the system to work. When one or more of the internal components wears out or breaks, the air conditioner won’t function properly.
Even if it isn’t completely broken, your A/C might not cool your home as effectively. Although these problems are more subtle, they can get worse over time, so it’s a good idea to call a professional about central air repair in Paramus if you’re experiencing any of these problems. Fortunately, manufacturers like Air Temp, Carrier, and Trane provide the necessary replacement parts, and almost all A/C problems can be fixed with professional air conditioning repair service.
Common Central Air Repair Problems
What actually causes your central air conditioning to break down? There are all kinds of things that can potentially go wrong, but these six problems are actually the most common issues requiring air condition repair:
- A broken thermostat. Sometimes, what looks like a problem with the central A/C is actually a problem with your thermostat. If you’re thermostat is dirty, has a blown fuse, or needs a battery, it can affect the regulation of the temperature in your home. Sometimes the actual ambient temperature won’t match the setting, meaning the thermostat might need to be fixed, cleaned, or even replaced.
- Clogged air filters. Air filters need to be changed out regularly, but it’s easy for busy Paramus NJ homeowners to overlook them. Most filters are replaceable, and permanent air filters need routine cleaning.
- Imbalanced dampers. Most air ducts are constructed with special dampers, which restrict air flow, in order to better distribute cool air throughout your house. When the move out of alignment, the airflow restriction can cause some rooms to feel much warmer than others.
- Refrigerant leaks. Freon is a liquid refrigerant used in air conditioners and other home appliances. If there isn’t enough liquid in your A/C, it won’t cool your home properly. When refrigerant disappears from your unit, it’s generally a sign that there’s a leak. It’s important to get leaks fixed quickly, because it puts more strain than usual onto the condenser. This can lead to the need for another visit from the air conditioning repair company in NJ later on.
- Broken fan. The condenser fan inside of an air conditioner is another component that can break. Because it works in close association with the A/C coils, which function like a car’s radiator, it can cause your unit to overheat. Not only does this consume more energy, raising your energy bills, but it can cause long term damage to your A/C.
- Leaky air ducts. The ductwork in your home can sometimes develop holes and cracks, which interrupt air flow and cause air to leak out. It can also cause bacteria, mold spores, and other materials to get into your household air supply.
If your central air conditioning isn’t working at all, or isn’t cooling your home very effectively, it’s always a good idea to call a professional NJ a/c repair company to perform any necessary A/C repairs. Give us a call today at 201-540-0977. At All Done HVAC, you can always depend on us for fast, reliable 24/7 air conditioning service.
Find out more about air conditioning repair:
When your heating or cooling system goes out in the middle of the night in the dead of
If you re looking for fast reliable residential AC repairs in NJ we re here to help you at All
If you need a professional air conditioner repair company in New Jersey give us a call at All
Have you noticed water pooling around at the base of your A C unit If so chances are that
It s a common problem during the summer suddenly your air conditioner stops working It often happens with little