Cresskill NJ – HVAC and Your Indoor Air Quality
Most people associate air pollution with outdoor environmental concerns, like smog levels and greenhouse gases emitted from industrial smokestacks. However, the air inside of your home could easily be even dirtier than the air outdoors. Household HVAC systems, which we rely on for maintaining a comfortable temperature throughout the year, are designed as a closed system in which contaminants can easily spread themselves throughout your household air supply.
You probably spend a lot of your time at home indoors, which means you might be spending a lot of time breathing in potential allergens, pathogens, and contaminants. Poor indoor air quality can aggravate allergies, cause skin, nose, and throat irritation, and make you more susceptible to respiratory infections. Fortunately, there are steps that Cresskill homeowners can take, including proper air conditioning repair and maintenance, that can improve your indoor air quality substantially. To find out more about HVAC maintenance, indoor air quality, and 24-hour air conditioning repair in Cresskill, New Jersey, give us a call at All Done HVAC.
What’s In Your Air?
There are several different types of materials that can commonly become indoor air pollutants in Cresskill homes. Although sufficient quantities of particulates can make your air appear hazy or dusty, contaminants are often microscopic and invisible to the naked eye but as a long time NJ air condition service company we know they are there. Some of the most common contaminants that could be impacting your indoor air quality include:
- Pollen. Many people in Cresskill are allergic to one or more types of pollen. When pollen, which is microscopic, makes its way into your home’s air supply, it can aggravate these seasonal allergies.
- Microbes. Microscopic organisms are small enough to float through the air in your home. One of the most problematic types of microscopic life is mold, which sends out airborne spores that will take hold when they find a suitably moist location. Poor indoor air quality can make you more likely to have a mold problem, since there are probably millions of invisible spores floating through your air ducts.
- Dust and dirt. In addition to carrying allergens and pathogens, dust itself can be a health problem. Breathing in too much dust will irritate your lungs, nose, and throat, potentially making you more susceptible to illness and infection.
What You Can Do
There are several steps that Cresskill homeowners can take to improve indoor air quality, allowing you to breathe cleaner, purer air. Some of the best ways to clean up your air supply include:
- Routine HVAC cleaning and maintenance. It’s important for both your air conditioner and your furnace or boiler to undergo routine HVAC repair and maintenance at least once a year. This process includes cleaning off the internal and external components, which can develop layers of dust, dirt, and grime that could spread into your air supply. Air ducts also need to be cleaned periodically, since dust can accumulate and potentially contaminate your indoor air. When a serious problem arises, you should also call a professional as soon as possible for proper air conditioning repairs.
- Change your air filters regularly. Homeowners often forget to change out the air filters at least once a month, but it can go a long way toward ensuring that you and your family are breathing clean air. It also improves the air flow through your HVAC system, so that your home will warm up or cool off more effectively.
- Install an air purifier. You may want to consider installing an air purifier in your home, especially if you or your family suffer from allergies to dust or seasonal pollen. These devices are available from manufacturers like IQ Air, Electrocorp, and BlueAir.
You could unwittingly be breathing in all kinds of dust, dirt, and pollutants on a daily basis. To find out more about our NJ HVAC repair and maintenance, air purifiers, and indoor air quality in Cresskill, NJ,– along with 24/7 emergency air conditioning repair service– call us today at All Done HVAC, at 201-540-0977.
Find out more about our HVAC services:
You never quite know when you re going to suddenly need air conditioner repair At All Done HVAC we
We using air conditioners and heat pumps systems built with proven components to provide safe clean and reliable
At All Done HVAC we pride ourselves on our commitment to quality workmanship and excellent customer service values
Even in New Jersey s temperate climate summers can be incredibly hot In NJ summer temperatures can easily reach
When your heating or cooling system goes out in the middle of the night in the dead of