Cresskill – Why Your A/C Needs Maintenance
Homeowners and business owners in Cresskill NJ rely on central air conditioning to maintain cool, comfortable indoor temperatures on ninety-degree summer days. If you’re like most people, your air conditioner is something you turn on when you need it, and otherwise tend to forget about. That is, until something goes wrong and it stops working, turning your home into a sauna. At this point, you’re probably calling an HVAC company for air conditioning repairs.
Air conditioners are complex machines, with numerous internal parts that can break or malfunction. Everyone needs A/C repair occasionally, but there’s a great way to minimize your need for repairs: regular professional air conditioning maintenance. If you’re ready to schedule annual air conditioning maintenance in Cresskill, or to ask about air conditioning repair service, call us today at All Done HVAC. Our skilled, experienced technicians will go through an extensive checklist, inspecting your air conditioner for any potential problems. With routine annual maintenance, you can be sure that your air conditioner is in working order when you need it.
Why Air Conditioning Maintenance is Important
Annual A/C tuneups are an important part of taking care of your home. Many people shrug off HVAC maintenance as unnecessary, but it actually confers a number of real benefits. It prevents avoidable problems that need air conditioning repairs, as well as improving safety and energy efficiency.
- Improve your home’s energy efficiency. For most local homeowners, electricity bills are one of the biggest monthly expenses. Taking steps to make your home more energy efficient can translate into major savings over time, as well as being more environmentally friendly on a larger scale. By lubricating, adjusting, and cleaning your A/C’s internal parts, an annual tune-up will ensure that your air conditioner can run as efficiently as possible.
- Ensure safety. Air conditioners aren’t something you usually think of as a safety hazard, but if left totally unmaintained, they can be. Your A/C depends on electrical wiring to run, and if the wiring or electrical components come loose, you could be looking at a potential fire hazard. During routine A/C maintenance, all of the electrical parts of the unit will be inspected, and adjusted if necessary.
- Improve your comfort levels. A well-maintained air conditioner will cool your home more efficiently and more effectively than one that’s left unattended for years at a time. Without the occasional tune-up, parts wear down and dirt accumulates, impairing your A/C’s ability to function properly. As a result, your home may not get as cool as it should, or different rooms may have inconsistent temperatures.
What to Expect from an A/C Tune-Up
You should schedule air conditioning maintenance as least once a year, usually toward the end of the off season, when your A/C isn’t in use. An HVAC professional will arrive at your home at a convenient time to go though a routine checklist of necessary maintenance tasks. Some of the things that are generally included in an A/C tune-up include:
- Checking the refrigerant levels. Air conditioners use liquid freon as a coolant, and it’s important to have the proper fluid levels for your A/C to function correctly.
- Checking the electrical components and controls. Problems with electrical components can cause your air conditioner to malfunction, as well as potentially posing a fire hazard from loose wiring.
- Checking the evaporator and condenser coils.
- Flushing condensate drainage apparatus. Air conditioners produce water condensate, which is drained away from the unit. The drainage equipment needs to be cleaned out periodically.
If you can’t remember the last time you had air conditioning maintenance, call us now at All Done HVAC, at 201-540-0977. We always have helpful, friendly air conditioning repair technicians on call to help you with all your household cooling needs.
Find out more about our air conditioning services:
The air conditioning trade and in general air conditioning system work require many different skills combined together in
If you need a professional air conditioner repair company in New Jersey give us a call at All
Breaking into the recently developing smart home automation market Fujitsu has recently introduced a new wifi system for
Have you noticed water pooling around at the base of your A C unit If so chances are that
It s a common problem during the summer suddenly your air conditioner stops working It often happens with little