Essex Fells NJ – Improving Your Air Conditioning Efficiency
For most homeowners in Essex Fells, New Jersey, air conditioning in the summer and cooling in the winter are a major household expenditure. Because New Jersey’s climate is very hot during the summer, yet also freezing in the winter, some form of HVAC climate control is necessary during most of the year. Air conditioners, as well as furnaces, heat pumps, and boilers, consume a lot of electricity to run. They’re also running constantly during the times of year when they’re needed.
HVAC costs can make up as much as half of a typical household energy bill in Essex Fells, so it’s a good area to target if you’re interested in saving money on electricity costs. To find out more about air conditioner repair, new air conditioning installation, and other approaches to making your home’s cooling systems more energy-efficient, give us a call today at All Done HVAC.
A/C Energy Efficiency Tips
Making a few minor changes in your habits and routines can actually help you save a surprising amount of money on air conditioning costs during the summer, making a major impact on your household budget. Fortunately, you don’t have to go without A/C or heating to keep your home energy efficient. Some of the things that you can do to improve the efficiency of your air conditioning in Essex Fells include:
- Set your A/C on the highest temperature setting that you’re comfortable with. Your house doesn’t need to be sixty degrees Fahrenheit to remain comfortable on hot summer days. The lower your typical A/C setting, the more expensive it will be to cool your home. Most people who share a household can agree on a temperature that everyone finds reasonably comfortable, especially if you supplement your central air conditioning with other cooling methods like ceiling fans and desk fans.
- Repair problems with your air conditioning in Essex Fells as soon as you start noticing them. Central A/Cs from manufacturers like Lennox, Trane, and Carrier can develop numerous issues that can cause them to run less efficiently than they normally do. Most homeowners need occasional air conditioning repairs to fix problems as they occur. A malfunctioning air conditioner can easily run up your electricity bill, but fortunately, most A/C problems can be fixed with professional air conditioning repair.
- Invest in a newer, Energy Star rated air conditioner. An aging air conditioner is a common reason for atypically high electricity bills among Essex Fells homeowners. Over time, an A/C can lose most of its original efficiency, and it requires far more electricity to cool your home than it once did. Most air conditioners can last from ten to fifteen years, but eventually, it will need to be replaced.
- Schedule annual A/C maintenance. An annual air conditioning tune-up gives a professional NJ air condition service company an opportunity to clean the unit and fix any minor problems, helping to make sure that the air conditioner is running as efficiently as possible. Regular maintenance also helps prevent problems and stave off the need for frequent air conditioner repair.
- Install a programmable thermostat. Programmable thermostats allow you to create settings that will turn your air conditioning down or off when you’re sleeping, and when no one’s home.
- Insulate your home. Having good insulation installed can go a long way toward maintaining comfortably cool indoor temperatures in the summer, as well as keeping your home warm during the cold New Jersey winters. You can also select window coverings that will help keep your home cooler.
These useful tips can help you improve the overall energy efficiency of your air conditioning system, helping you save money on your monthly electricity bills. To find out more about HVAC energy efficiency, air conditioning maintenance, and air conditioner repair in Nes Jersey, give us a call today at All Done HVAC, at 201-540-0977.
Find out more about our air conditioning services:
We service all Lenox air conditioning models Lenox is one of the top recognized brands within the air
If you need any emergency air conditioning repair we are prepared to handle after work hours emergency air
Is your air conditioner failing to cool your home If you re looking for an affordable air conditioning repair
Is your air conditioning running but failing to cool your home If your house is hot and humid