Heating System Blowing Cold Air? Heating System Problems and Repair Service Advice
Is your heating system blowing cold air? Or your cooling system blowing hot air? Does one room feel hotter or colder than another? Is your system constantly running, but nothing seems to be happening? If so, I have some helpful information that could help your system get back to producing comfortable air.
These are the seven helpful steps you can take why you don’t get heat of cold air out of your HVAC system .
- Step one: Check your thermostat setting. Make sure it’s properly set to either heat or cool. Replace the batteries on your programmable thermostat. If heating, set the temperatures at least 10 degrees warmer than indoor temperature. If cooling, set it 10 degrees cooler. This will give you a better idea if your system is operating properly.
- Step two: Test your thermostat’s accuracy with another temperature gauge. If they do not match, your thermostat may be out of calibration and needs to be reset. To do so, reference the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Step three: Check the power to your unit. A circuit breaker may be tripped and in that case, flip the switch. This should not happen often. If it does, you should consult a licensed HVAC technician. Also, check the master switches to both your inside and outside units and make sure both are on and receiving electricity.
- Step four: Press your air conditioner’s reset button if it has one. By resetting the unit, it can clear some of the minor mechanical issues that may cause a system to act irregularly.
- Step five: Go to the air conditioner return vent and change your filter. Dirt restricts air flow, can cause problems, and impact the temperature of your home. As a rule of thumb, change your filter every month.
- Step six: Clear grass, weeds, anything that may be obstructing air flow and clean your condensing unit with a commercial coil cleaner. It’s recommended that you do not open up the unit. Damage can easily be done to the fans, and can drastically shorten the life of your system.
- Step seven: Make sure none of your air vents are blocked. Nothing should be obstructing them, including drapes and furniture. They can restrict air flow and can impact a room’s temperature.
Those are my seven steps you can take to repair your HVAC /heating and cooling system. If your system still acts irregularly even after following them, it may likely need to call for service repair.
When choosing a heating and cooling repair service company, it’s important that you find one that highly trained, considering this person will be in your home, it would be nice if the technician is also well-groomed, honest, polite, informative and will give you options on how to improve your comfort.
At ALL DONE Heating and Air Conditioning, we meet those standards and more. call us to see what makes us different. You can always count on always receiving 100% satisfaction ALL DONE Heating and Air Conditioning repair services.
Find out more about heating repairs:
reliable and affordable heating and cooling service company in nj we aim to be one of the besr
Boiler or Furnace Repair or Replacement- What To Do When You Have an Older Heating System A boiler
There are a few heating problems that can be solved very easily whether you have a boiler furnace