Mendham Township – What to Expect from an A/C Tune-Up
Routine air conditioning repair and maintenance is essential for making sure that the A/C in your Mendham Township home is working correctly during the hot New Jersey summers. Like any appliance, your air conditioner is subjected to strain and general wear and tear, especially in the summer when it gets almost constant use. Annual A/C tune-ups can help you prevent the need for frequent a/c repairs, as well as extending the lifespan of your air conditioner. For more information about air conditioning maintenance in Mendham Township, or to ask about 24-hour air conditioning repairs, call us today at All Done HVAC.
Why Schedule A/C Maintenance?
It’s natural to take you air conditioner for granted. Most people turn it on without really thinking about it — until something goes wrong and you have to call for air conditioning repair. Although some problems, like worn down internal parts, are inevitable, air conditioners from manufacturers like Air Temp, Trane, and Carrier are actually less likely to break down when they’re properly maintained. Routine air conditioning repair and maintenance involves inspecting your A/C unit and fixing minor problems before they get worse, saving you money on repair costs and sparing you the hassle of going without air conditioning on a hot summer day or needing emergency air conditioning repair. A well-maintained A/C will last longer, break down less frequently, and cool your home more effectively. For best results, you should schedule a professional tune-up at least once a year.
What Happens During An A/C Tune-Up?
During a typical air conditioning maintenance tune-up, a technician from your local NJ air condition service company will go through a checklist of tasks, inspecting all the parts of your A/C to make sure that everything is working correctly. Some of the common elements of an A/C tuneup include:
- Checking electrical wiring and components. Loose wiring can not only cause your A/C to stop working correctly, but it can post a serious fire hazard. During your annual tune-up, the technician will inspect all of the electrical wires and connections, identifying and fixing any nascent problems.
- Checking the coolant levels. Air conditioners use freon, a liquid coolant, to produce cold air. If the refrigerant levels in your A/C are too low, it will consume more energy than usual, driving up your electric bills.
- Lubricating any moving parts. This helps your air conditioner function more efficiently, reducing mechanical strain on its internal components.
- Inspecting your thermostat. In order to cool your home efficiently, it’s important that your thermostat is working correctly.
- Checking fan motors and fan belts. Fan issues are one of the most common causes of a malfunctioning air conditioner.
- Checking the condensate drain for cracks and leaks. Air conditioners produce water condensate when they’re running, and so they’re equipped with a drain to siphon away the water. The drain can occasionally develop a crack, causing water to leak out and pool around the base of the unit.
- Cleaning internal components. Dirt and dust can build up inside your air conditioner, potentially making their way into your household air supply and compromising your indoor air quality.
If you can’t remember the last time you had an A/C tune-up, call us today at All Done HVAC, at 201-540-0977. Our skilled, friendly HVAC professionals provide comprehensive NJ air conditioning repair and maintenance in Menham Township, NJ, as well as 24/7 emergency HVAC repair.
Find out more about our air conditioning services:
When your heating or cooling system goes out in the middle of the night in the dead of
If you re looking for HVAC contractors in New Jersey who can perform quality professional ductless air conditioning installation
If you re looking for fast reliable residential AC repairs in NJ we re here to help you at All
During the summer when your central air system is getting the most use it s also the most likely